About Procter & Gamble
Procter & Gamble is one of the largest FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) company in the world with strong brands like Pampers, Ariel, Always, Gillette and Oral B just to name a few.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible to provide top-class legal support to one or more businesses of the group in Indian Sub-continent. Specifically, the incumbent would be responsible for the following:
- Providing guidance on industry specific laws, ethical promotions and ensuring all compliances are met;
- Drafting, Vetting, Negotiating, and executing all commercial contracts and agreements across the commercial business and business development;
- Management of Litigations
- Supporting global Patent and Trademark Departments on local Intellectual Property related matters;
- Supporting business development initiatives including that of negotiation and execution of documents;
- Providing legal support for clinical trials and new product development;
- Collaborating with the Compliance Officer for the development and implementation of and compliance with processes, policies and training, including those related to the FCPA;
- Supporting all legal initiatives related to brand protection;
- Working closely with the internal Government Relations Department on Government relations matters;
- Partnering with other functions such as Medical, Regulatory, HR, Sales, Marketing, Distribution & R&D on specific legal issues;
- Legal service providers/ external counsel management.
- Learning agility – ability to quickly learn the nuances of the multi-faceted business.
- Business partnering - ability to build a strong network both internally and externally for effective business partnering. The ideal candidate profile:
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience with a reputable law firm or in the legal department of a large multinational corporation in pharma/FMCG industry.
- Experience and proficiency in general commercial and litigation management. In addition to the above, the incumbent must bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Good judgment & integrity;
- Self-starter with strong drive for results and strong sense of ownership;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to drive projects forward to conclusion;
- Aptitude to enthusiastically engage with colleagues and business partners to maintain appropriate ethical, legal and compliance standards;
- Ability to influence other partners, without having direct reporting line;
- Willingness to make decisions and, where necessary, challenge business partners;
- Strong communication skills including to build and keep privilege communications;
- The ability to effectively and efficiently handle external counsel in the provision of legal services;
- General understanding of intellectual property matters and issues.
- A degree in law from a reputed university in India and/or abroad.
How to apply?
To apply, click here.